Spastic Matters

Contains whatever hobbies, interests, or enlightenments I am currently having. Warning; it tends to be spastic.

Monday, September 29, 2008

3.0 Talent Tree

Sweet baby jesus.  Why would you not choose Mutilate?  It is the most important talent in the tree? Along with Mutilate get Puncture Wounds to improve it.  
Also, you did 5k damage with Eviscerate in your last raid, which is >1% of your overall damage, why would you waste point in Improved Eviscerate (it will not help: D) 
Deadly Brew is an interesting talent.  Z thinks it will get nerfed even before the patch comes out, but I am very interested in it
I am not very impressed with the last tier of assignation.  Hunger for Blood is cool, but I am not sure if it is worth the extra 9 points it takes in the tree; I would rather put the points into the combat line.
The Turn Tables talent is interesting; with the right group make-up one could have the extra crit throughout the whole raid, but assassination has so much crit in the tree already I wonder if the extra crit chance is necessary or even helpful.  
What are your thoughts-keep the conversation going.

I have not decided what to do with all my points, but to begin, I (THINK) will go with the following:

3.0 talent tree

4 Comments:

  • At 1:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Spastic,
    the "jerks" over at:
    http://elitistjerks.com/f31/t26242-rogue_pve_dps_wotlk_discussion/p127/
    go over this issue pretty thoroughly. (And yes, I HAVE read all 127 pages - 3161 posts on that link!).

    They conclude that HfB is worth it.
    That the new poison talents + AP scaling poisons are a HUGE boost to poison damage (goes from ~10% of overall damage to >30% even after the poison nerfs).
    The combination of glyphs, energy and combo point generators with CttC makes it possible to keep up SnD 100%, Rupture (close to 100%), and do 1 2 or sometimes 3 4+ point envenoms. Continuously.

    Oh yeah, and envenom is the new thing. scales great. buffs poison hit rate. ignores armor.

    PS: enjoyed your blog. Keep it up.

    Rochmoninoff of Moonrunner

     
  • At 7:47 AM, Blogger Jenny said…

    Cool thanks rochmoninoff!!! I will definitely add your comments to my rouge forums on my guild's portal website. (cb.guildportal.com
    The new patch is scary for a lot of us and to see that others have found answers to our questions is comforting. I will also add the elitistjerks discussion link for them to review.

    ~Versailes on Kilrogg

     
  • At 3:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    http://thottbot.com/wotlk/rogue/t#gni1/oBG2E8Q3R2

     
  • At 8:07 AM, Blogger Jenny said…

    Thanks for the talent tree, anonymous, but I am now a mutilate/dagger rogue!!!! I will, however, post your tree on my guild website for other combat rogues to check out!

    ~Versailes on Kilrogg

     

<< Home