Spastic Matters

Contains whatever hobbies, interests, or enlightenments I am currently having. Warning; it tends to be spastic.

Friday, January 13, 2006

Fractal Art

As I mentioned in an early entry, I would like the loft to be as colorful as possible. As for the artwork, I wanted something impressive and artsy, something that would inspire. Since the loft holds the computer and my gaming systems, I was floating around the idea of hanging Anime art, but Chad did not like that idea. We have agreed to hang fractal art instead. However, buying and framing someone else’s work is not very impressive, so I have decided to create my own. I am still a novice, but my fractals are pleasing.

(Chad noted that I am not creating fractals, because only the most intelligent mathematician can calculate the math that is required, I am merely simulating fractals and altering them for an artsy appearance. Chad is correct; fractal art starts with a fractal math equation, which an artist manipulates. Fractal math is done by a genius, fractal art is created by an artist.)

My brother wants to start his own company where he is contracted to produce creative welding work. After I finish my fractal, I think I will ask to be his first customer. My plan is to strip the art into three parts and weld a metal frame around each part, then hang them side by side. If I really wanted too, I could weld the frame myself, but I am less than a novice at welding and I don’t really want to spend the time to figure out how to do it properly. This project will be a simple one for my brother and will look more professional when complete than if I tried to do it myself.

On a less intellectual note, I am going on my first girls’ night out, that does not including family. Once a month a few of the engineers from work get together to play poker and their wives ditch them to have their own fun. After finding out at the Christmas party that I am a sudo engineer's wife, they invited me to go along. At first I was reluctant, but in the ending I decided I need more female companionship and although I would never, in a million years, hang out with random women for my socializing needs, I figure there is no cooler female than one married to an engineer.

Lastly, I am in a bit of a pickle because my schoolbooks, which I need for my class tomorrow, are waiting in my mailbox, however I cannot find my mailbox key. That is not an organized way to start the new semester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home