Spastic Matters

Contains whatever hobbies, interests, or enlightenments I am currently having. Warning; it tends to be spastic.

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Roges Using Axes- Done Right

I KNOW- I have been really lazy with my postings, but in my defense, I am very pregnant, so pfft. My guild rogues of Common Blood are all excited about trying out Axes. In doing some of the leg work for them, I quickly researched what was being said about the new usable weapon. Below is the brief, yet to the point, summary of my finding. I should have done a better job at citing my references, but like I said, I am very pregnant, so pfft. The full articles of all my references are at the bottom.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If you are going to wield axes then you will want to do it right.

The idea behind Axes for rogue is fast and furious slicing. Don’t bother rolling on something slow and hard hitting, leave those to the warriors and droods; you want fast axes just like your daggers. Try Last Laugh and Axe of the Sen’jin Protector.

After you obtain a couple of worthy axes, make sure you are spec'd for it. Sword specialization is now called Hack and Slash and includes Axes.

Next, gem and enchant for haste.

The following spec is recommended for pure DPS-no stealthy tricks needed, just charge in and do some damage. Axe Spec 1

For those who want to play with Axes, but keep your daggers close by, or for those who want to have axes and keep Throwing Specialization for Ulduar (see Ulduar rouge tips part 4, found here) the following spec is recommended: Axe spec 2



Below are my references:
http://www.wow.com/2009/06/24/encrypted-text-the-lumberjack-rogue/
http://www.wow.com/2009/08/04/world-of-warcraft-patch-3-2-rogue-guide/#continued
http://www.wow.com/2009/06/10/encrypted-text-rogue-tips-for-raiding-ulduar-part-4/
http://www.wowwiki.com/Trial_of_the_Champion
http://elitistjerks.com/f78/t37112-wotlk_rogue_gear_discussion/p37/

2 Comments:

  • At 1:23 PM, Anonymous Rochmoninoff said…

    A post! I can't believe it.
    Grats on the pregnancy.
    Try walking at least a hour every day esp. in third trimester. My wife claims it worked wonders during delivery and kept her in good shape.

    Are you mispelling rogue to be funny?

    The fast axe idea is very contrarian. I'll have to look into that further.

    But the latest PTR (3.2.2) notes indicate a big nerf to FoK that will probably invalidate the latter half of your "new combat spec" discussion: no more FoK interrupt.

    PS: I was 'this close' to removing you from my favorites list of rogue bloggers. To avoid future mishaps post at least 1x per month!

     
  • At 4:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

     

<< Home