Spastic Matters

Contains whatever hobbies, interests, or enlightenments I am currently having. Warning; it tends to be spastic.

Monday, July 30, 2012

Revival..again



I started my blog, Spastic Matters, in March 2005.  Since then I have used it for whatever held my fancy.  As the blog heading says, “Contains whatever hobbies, interests, or enlightenments I am currently having. Warning; it tends to be spastic.”  
My last post was in August 2009 and was about my game character in World of Warcraft.  For a bit I actually had people who subscribed to my posts.  Those days are behind me now, as I don’t have time for playing online games.  But I do feel a blog revival in the near future; today perhaps.  
I really want to start blogging again.  I want time to myself, time to reflect on my day.  I want to hone my writing skills, which have flattened since I stopped working in August 2010. I want to track where my days goes and the projects I am working on.  But most of all, I want an on-going project; something that will make me feel accomplished.
I am not sure if I can make it happen though.  As I sit here trying to pull coherent thoughts together, April is sitting next to me with the ipod screaming with one of her many cartoons.  That damned Ipod. The double edged sword to my day.  It keeps her busy, but I can never escape its racket.  
If I can somehow hide from the kids a few minutes a day or even a couple times a week, I think I can revive this blog-no problem.  We shall see.  We, as in me and you; you being myself, to whom I am writing to.-HAH

...and to begin my first office post...

Today has been an easy day.  Easy when compared to my normal day, which tends to be busy and crazy.  My easy day is a normal person’s day of hell.  A teenager with special needs, a terrible 2 year old, and a 3 month old infant. Yah, what can be more easy than that.  House cleaning has been minimal today since Chad and I spent a couple hours cleaning on Sunday.  Eden has seemed to find some routine in eating, sleeping, and watching her crazy brother and sister play around her.  I took a couple hours to work on ironing, hangin, and tagging cloths for the JFB sale  Aug 6th and at the moment Eden and Logan are both napping,  giving me a few minutes to jot some lines down.  
Gawd, I wish I had some adventure to write about.  I am not feeling sorry for myself though, because as summer comes to an end,  there are things in the works that will jump start my psych again.  For now, my only real goal is tagging cloths for the JBF sale.
One  year ago, I got a flier in the mail about a children’s consignment sale happening down the street.  When I showed up, I was so flippin’ excited that after shopping for two hours, I went back the next day to make sure I didn’t miss anything good.  I bought designer maternity jeans for $20, pants for Logan at $3 each and a bunch of NB cloths for Eden-some of them for only $1!!  
After having such a good experience shopping the JBF sale, I decided to start consigning with them.  My first sale, I made $80.  The next one I made $60.  This time I am hoping for $100.  $80 does not sound like a lot of money, but when I usually just bagged the stuff and give it to goodwill,  it is like finding $80 on the street!  
I would say that I am about halfway done tagging the stuff I plan to sell, so I better stop writing and go get to it, because Eden will be awake soon to eat, then Logan will make up.  I will need to make snack, then straighten the house.  And, oh shoot, I just remembered that I said I would make dinner tonight.  I will make dinner, clean up the kitchen then have a few minutes to myself, before feeding Eden again, then putting Logan to bed, rocking Eden to sleep, getting April into bed, then heading to bed myself.  Oh the woes of motherhood-HAH.  I love my kids and husband, so it makes it all worth it!  

How was that for a spastic blog revival?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home