Spastic Matters

Contains whatever hobbies, interests, or enlightenments I am currently having. Warning; it tends to be spastic.

Tuesday, March 29, 2005

proof read

I hate to do this to everyone, but I need your help. I have to write this paper for school and it must be well written. The problem with it, is I am not very good at organizaton and I was asked to answer two different question within the same paper, so I want to make sure it sounds organized and the questions were properly ansewered. Don't leave out grammar correction either. I go a bit crazy with commas, so watch out for those also.

Question: What are your reasons or motivations for seeking a Master’s Degree from Regis? What do you feel is the biggest challenge facing today’s classroom teacher, and how do you think your skills and a Regis education will prepare you to face this challenge? (250-500 words)


My goal from the Masters in Education program is to obtain a teaching license through an accredited University. Teaching is one of the most influential jobs one can assert since teachers shape students, who shape the future. A teacher’s skills and actions can have vast consequences on generations, and if I plan to take the future into my own hands, I want the best skills obtainable. I believe the necessary skills needed to be a thoughtful, cultured, and sophisticated teacher, can be achieved at Regis University through its Jesuit commitment to education and the service of others. Therefore, I plan to obtain my teaching license through Regis and its Masters of Education program.

Regis has an innovated, up to date educational plan that is centered on academic excellence. It’s program is designed to address many of the challeges that teacher face today, for example, what I believe to be the biggest challenge is, understanding students’ individual- educational needs and meeting those needs in order to utilize their potential, but without infringing on the basic rights of other students. This issue would be discussed on multi levels, through classes including multicultural, ethnic, and current education perspectives, theories on human development and learning, teaching the exception child in the regular classroom, and other professional educator classes. Together, with my own experience in education and the knowledge and skills obtained from Regis University, I will be able to face such challenge and strive for the excellence needed to lead students who will lead the future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home